[hermes] Re: [juno] Invoices & Clients

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Wed Jun 18 20:20:16 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 08:57:30PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting "Jason M. Felice" <jfelice at cronosys.com>:
>
> > Clients will be handled in a juno table which mirrors turba's contact
> > table format.  Turba should be confgiured to use this table as a public
> > address book, and turba will be used to maintain this.
>
> Ugh. Why a Juno table? Why not just tell Juno what addressbook the client
> addressbook is? That way you don't restrict it to SQL, you use the existing
> API, etc...

Point taken.

> > whups will be modified so that it can assign a client to each module, so
> > that we can have multiple whups modules for a client.
>
> What exactly does this mean changing in Whups?

OK.  Thinking about it a little more clearly now, it is not necessary to
modify Whups yet.  In Hermes, you just select the new-style client and off
you go.

In the future, if Hermes is installed, I'd like the ability to enter a
number of hours when entering a comment in Whups and have that time and
the comment post to Hermes.  You would need this then, but it isn't an
immediate concern.

> > 	[Question: do we provide a "client" api?  Or do we just use the link
> > 	type stuff to link to contacts in turba?]
>
> The latter, I think.

OK.

> > 2. Invoices:
> >
> > 2.1. To-invoice Account
>
> This all sounds good.
>
> > 2.2. Invoicing Process
>
> As does this.
>
> > The user should be able to browse invoice batches, then browse invoices,
> > then see invoice detail.  He will be able to export an invoice batch or
> > selected invoices to make a QuickBooks import file.
>
> You should also be able to print invoices, email them directly to clients,
> generate PDFs, etc.

Patch? <g>  I'll definitely leave hooks and factor these concerns into
design, but I don't need it.