[hermes] Hermes implementation questions.

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Wed Jul 9 19:51:45 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 04:51:23PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting "andrew.sabri at ascellatech.com" <andrew.sabri at ascellatech.com>:
>
> > I was just wondering whether any of these should be implemented by me and
> > if there are any specifications about them that I need to consider.  If
> > one of the options above are already implemented I would appreciate it if
> > they were pointed out to me.
>
> Definitely start implementing and sending patches. On this one:
>
> > -Change Client and JobType to Project and Sub-Project or give the option
> > to do so, since there is currently no way to put in hours for internal
> > jobs that have no Client.  (Other ideas are welcomed)
>
> ... you should coordinate with some other folks on this list that are working on
> improving Hermes. But for most of that, go ahead and send patches here.

"Client" is a misnomer right now, it should really just be called "Project"
anyway.

What Chuck is getting at is that I'm going to make a real "Client" field,
which is going to point to a contact in a turba addressbook.  I haven't
thought all of the details through, but this doesn't make what is now
"Client" (and should be "Project") go away, but it should probably become a
more generic facility- a link in the system to a ticket in whups, a contact
in turba, a task in nag, or whatever you spent the time on.

I was assuming you could assign a contact representing your own company for
internal tasks.

I have a couple other things to work on first.  Although I planned to get
to this last week (*sigh*), I'm still Almost About to Start(tm).

--
 Jason M. Felice
 Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com/>