[horde] Question from a beginner (about the first log on horde)

Jon Parise jon at horde.org
Sun Nov 11 13:12:00 PST 2001

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 09:11:21PM +0100, Edouard Dognin wrote:

> I just install horde (to provide a webmail, so i had also install imp
> and thurba).
> I install it on a debian but not with the package, i did it using the
> tar.gz archive of : horde 2.0 RC1 (with imp 3.0 RC1). After I just
> rename all necessary config files from '/config/*.php.dist' to
> '/config/*.php', and that is the only thing I did, horde as me for a
> login and a password...

You need to define the authentication method for Horde.  That is
configured in horde/config/horde.php.  Look at the comments in
that file for details.

Here's a quick example for authenticating against an IMAP server:

$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();
$conf['auth']['params']['server'] = 'imap.example.com';

Another option is to make IMP the authenticator for the Horde
session.  To do that, uncomment the following two lines in
horde/config/registry.php:

$this->registry['auth']['login'] = 'imp';
$this->registry['auth']['logout'] = 'imp';

--
Jon Parise (jon at csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)