[horde] HORDE PHPLIB TEST FAILS

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Mon Nov 19 06:05:23 PST 2001

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, eltonic40 <eltonic40 at ecotech.com.lr> wrote:

> I am new to horde and I have just been trying to get the stuff up and
> running on my FreeBSD 4.2 Box, but I keep getting the following error
> when I run the phplib test for horde:
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: dbmopen() in
> /usr/local/apache/php/phplib/ct_dbm.inc on line 27
>
> I have gone over the installation instructions again and again but
> can't seem to get a way around it. I am using the dbm database!

Can you tell us which version of Horde/IMP/PHP/Apache you're using?  Did
you compile them yourself from tarballs, or use FreeBSD ports/packages?

(1)  If you want to use DBM for your PHPLIB session storage, PHP needs to
be compiled with dbm support ("configure --with-dbm" etc.).  You can use
horde/test.php3 (the phpinfo() link) to see which things PHP has support
for.

(2)  There have been reports on and off through the months that DBM
doesn't work for PHPLIB session storage.  The only ones I can tell you
(from personal experience) that do work are MySQL, PostgreSQL, and shared
memory.  So I would actually recommend you use one of those, and not DBM.

If you decide to stick with DBM, write back to the list and let us know if
you get it working; we can add it to the supported list.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde