horde install with no root access

macscr at macscr.com macscr at macscr.com
Fri Mar 22 16:38:39 PST 2002

i was wondering if it was possible to install horde on a site with no root
acess. I have PHP 4.1.2, Perl 5.06, MySQL 3.23.49, Apache/1.3.23

Here is a link to phpinfo:
http://www.macscr.com/admin/phpinfo.php

I have tried many times to install horde, but i have never gotten the test.php
file to work. The only references i have seen to installing horde with no root
access was to the pear file, which should be of no prob to me since i have the
newest php. Im thinking the biggest prob is getting the sql to DB to work
right. I setup a mysql user named horde and gave it the password horde. went to
phpmyadin and tried to upload the sql files. Oh yeah, btw, i named the db names
as horde also. Ok, so when i try to upload them, they dont work, which im
figureing is because of how it it commented, so i take those out and the line
that wont work because of being more than 255 characters. I install the rest of
it and the other sql files as well. I made changes to the horde.php file (im
not sure what all had to be changed though, bad install instructions in my
opinion for installing horde)

Well, i hope someone has some ideas because horde seems like a great framework,
i cant wait to install IMP and Chora.

Thanks,
Mark