[horde] PEAR modules

Tim Gorter email at teletechnics.com
Wed Aug 7 02:55:45 PDT 2002

Maybe you could start by giving us a few more details. (server OS etc.?)
Have you run test.php?
Have you looked at the documentation, and the horde website?
Somewhere it mentions about the Pear library being available on the horde
ftp site, just downloading that and including it in your php path via a
directive may resolve your problem.
has php been installed --with pear?
And note PHP 4.2.1 has a security flaw, and you should upgrade it to PHP
4.2.2

Wednesday, August 7, 2002, 10:14:13 AM, you (horde-bounces) wrote:

PD> Hello,

PD> I'm sorry, it will probably sound a bit stupid my problem..But still I hope someone wants to help me..

PD> Once everything downloaded and uploaded to my server I found out that PHP 4.2.1 has missing modules from PEAR, so I had to install them manually, or Horde will not work. And there you got my
PD> problem. I can't figure out how to install those manually on my server..I've read all the FAQ's and readme files I could think of (The FAQ at the PEAR website, too) but I just don't know how to
PD> do it..The errors are as following ::

PD> Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 397890 is not allowed to access /usr/local/lib/php/PEAR.php owned by uid 0 in
PD> /web/sites/148/pepijnove/www.dopes-planet.com/horde/lib/Registry.php on line 4

PD> Fatal error: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /web/sites/148/pepijnove/www.dopes-planet.com/horde/lib/Registry.php on line 4

PD> I'm using http://www.f2s.com as host with PHP 4.2.1. Could anyone please explain to me how to do it..?? I'm really confused..

PD> Thanks in advance and sorry if this may be a bit dumb..
PD> Regards,
PD> -Pepijn.

Teletechnics Afield
Tel +44 (0)7785 977 087 Fax +44 (0)20 7681 1178
mailto:email at teletechnics.com   http://www.teletechnics.com

currently in: Barcelona, Spain