[horde] smtp problems

Fraser Speir fraser at red-neck.co.uk
Thu Aug 29 05:33:50 PDT 2002

I have installed horde,imp using apache_1.3.26, php mysql etc Solaris8

PHP has been configured with mysql sockets gettext the standard modules
etc.
I am trying to use the system as a standalone mail retreival for two
separate services. IMAP/POP on a remote machine and smtp from another.
Authentication for users is done via the incoming IMAP/POP server and
works for all users.

I can send mail if I use the sendmail identified as localhost but if I
try to use the outgoing smtp server I get the following message

Warning: Failed opening 'Net/Socket.php' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/local/lib/php/Net/SMTP.php
on line 93

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: net_socket in
/usr/local/lib/php/Net/SMTP.php on line 95

The info.php indicates that sockets are disabled.

I have not been able to find anything on the net soo
any help would be greatly appreciated