[horde] Wierd Install Problem

Derek Slama dslama at derekslama.com
Mon Sep 23 22:06:55 PDT 2002

I am running Red Hat 7.2.

I used to have a working installation of horde/IMP/Turba. I noticed the
Linux worm going around and I decided it was a good idea to upgrade and
fix the holes. So I downloaded OpenSSL 0.9.6g and installed it fine. I
then installed Apache 2.0.40 and it was fine. I then installed PHP
4.2.3. again, everything was ok and my other php pages were working.
Then I tried to pull up the horde page and check mail. To my suprise I
get an error about it missing files. I didn't change anything. Same
compile options as the previous install. So I decided to reinstall
horde. I moved the old installation to a different name and downloaded
the tarball and extracted it. I then moved it to "webroot"/horde. I made
copies of the configuration files as instructed by the INSTALL
instructions.

for foo in *.dist; do cp $foo `basename $foo .dist`; done

I then tried to go to the appropriate web page:

www.derekslama.com/horde

I get an error about it missing files. But I just made the files by
running the small script. When I pull up the test page it says
everything is ok. Feel free to check out the site and tell me what you
think. I haven't setup and options in the config files. But shouldn't it
sort of work without changing anything? I recall that it used to. I
haven't installed IMP or Turba yet. What would I need to change to get
it going in the config files?

Thanks