[horde] Login failed

hardik hbpandya at gnvfc.net
Wed Nov 13 06:09:48 PST 2002

Sir,

I really apologize for the delay.

As mentioned in my earlier mail, I have already switched on the user input
for mail server, port & protocol. We have two IMP installation in the LAN.

1] One sitting on the same machine with Courier IMAP/qmail/vpopmail
installation -- mail.domain1.com (working perfectly)
2] Another on a different machine then Courier IMAP/qmail/LDAP
installation -- mail.domain2.com (problematic).

a] imp for domain1.com, imap for domain1.com --working ok
b] imp for domain1.com, imap for domain2.com -- message in horde.log as
below
c] imp for domain2.com, imap for domain2.com -- not working
d] imp for domain2.com, imap for domain1.com -- working ok

I could easily log in to the IMAP server of domain1.com using IMP
installation on domain2.com but not vice versa.
By enabling "$conf['log']['priority'] = LOG_DEBUG;" in horde.php to get all
types of error/warning/notice messages, I could see the message:

==
b] Nov 13 16:58:52 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 10.10.10.1 to
mail.domain2.com:143[imap/notls] as hardik [on line 270 of
"/opt/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php"]

b] Nov 13 16:59:27 HORDE [notice] [imp] Login success for hardik at domain1.com
[10.10.10.1] to {mail.domain1.com:143} [on line 64 of
"/opt/horde/imp/redirect.php"]
==

Though we have specified  'protocol' => 'imap' in imp/conf.php for IMP
installation of domain2.com, it always try to log in using imap/notls, which
is not the case vice versa as can be seen above. The same happens using both
the IMP installation and IMAP server of domain2.com.

Does it mean a problem with IMAP server of domain2.com. Even not able to
'telnet 0 143' on that IMAP server for domain2.com.

Other thing, when I switched on the user input for mail server, protocol &
port on domain1.com, log in using POP3 on domain2.com, it shows the default
identity that of user at domain1.com  instead of user at domain2.com in compose
window. Also gives error while sending an email  "unable to contact to smtp
server localhost:25", does it require any additional config.

rgds,

Hardik