[horde] Problem(s) with Horde basic, MySQL and PHP 4.2.3

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Fri Nov 29 09:14:25 PST 2002

Hi list,

(It shocked me to see I could be sending this in html, that isn't my
intention - Evolution 1.2.0).

New subscriber, learning PHP4, subscribe to the PHP and Opnldap lists.

Running newish Linux, many years' Unix/Apache experience.

Have Apache 1.3,27, PHP 4.2.3 with gettext, imap, ldap, MySQL libraries,
latest PEAR (apart from the latest "Log", which doesn't work with Horde,
mine - 1.3 - does), downloaded Horde 2.1, want Turba under LDAP,
eventually. But I've begun with MySQL, it's the path of least
resistance.

Know about register_globals and PHP 4.2.3, register_globals is 'On'.

Trying to get MySQL auth and DB working, and I'm having to debug each
and every Horde module. This surely can't be right, I'm doing something
wrong. Million of others have the same system as me and it works for
them.

Know Apache, know how to configure httpd.conf, know Apache Aliases,
Horde's test.php works fine, everything's perfect. Horde's
config/horde.php is fine.

Have other PHP4 things that work well (also ldap), Horde doesn't.

Problem: it's as if globals aren't being 'exported'. If I make the
following change in lib/Auth/sql.php, it works. If I don't, the $conf
array is not propagated from horde.php:

function Auth_sql($params = array())
 {
   //$this->params = $params;
   $this->params = $GLOBALS['conf']['prefs']['params']; // <--- ******
 }

Why??? Anything PHP 4.2.3.specific known? I just cannot debug and
rewrite each and every Horde module.

test.php result below.

Best,

Tony
______________

Horde Versions
      * Horde: 2.1

PHP Version
      * View phpinfo() screen
      * PHP Version: 4.2.3
      * PHP Major Version: 4.2
      * PHP Minor Version: 3
      * PHP Version Classification: release
      * You are running a supported version of PHP.

PHP Module Capabilities
      * FTP Support: No
      * Gettext Support: Yes
      * IMAP Support: Yes