[horde] Horde: Usr shared apps

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Thu Dec 19 08:35:02 PST 2002

People,

Linux and CVD Horde.

Playing about with CVS Horde with an eye to production applications. In
general it's *fantastic*. Often the most unexpected things are the most
fantastic (read "technique"), such as Eric's vacation and File Manager
(gollem).

Apart from the general limits of the LDAP options (Apart from Turba),
the whole Horde CVS is definitely designed for an SQL backend to work
properly), I have only one problem at the moment.

As an admin I can make shared objects. mnemo, nag, kronolith etc. But I
cannot then share them with others ("permission denied"). I would have
thought that by making Permissions and coupling these to shared objects,
that that would have been the answer. But no.

I've gone through everything time and time again, with the horde
"Permissions" and grepping through the horde subtree, arrived at
horde/lib/Share.php, horde/lib/Perms.php and horde/lib/Editor.php. Basic
debugging gives the fault in Editor.php, but damned if I come further
than that.

Looked at the MySQL horde tables, no problems.

Anybody any idea?

Best,

Tony

--