[horde] Configuration Help, index.php says misconfigured

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 19 13:38:11 PST 2002

Quoting GypsyMage <mage at gmage.net>:

> I had tried putting in the absolute path's in the index.php.  Doing this
> brings up the horde login page, but nothing works after that.

That sounds like it is a path issue then.

> When I put
> HORDE_BASE in the index.php, I get a blank screen.

Try doing "php -l index.php" to test for syntax errors (if you have a
standalone php command).

> Doesn't look like any php code problems though in the index.

"php -l" will find ones the eyes will miss...  Worth a try.

>  Are there some path setups I might have
> missed?

Check for "include_path" in your php.ini file.  Should be something like:

include_path    = ".:/usr/share/php/PEAR"

The "." is important, which means current directory (which is what index.php
depends on).   The path to pear is important, but it sounds like you have
other problems (different or additional).  Your path will likely be different
from mine of course.

> If I print off HORDE_BASE or dirname() they all show /web/horde
> which is right.  What web server paths could I have wrong?

basically php paths, which can be set in php.ini, or in the web server
config files also.

> checked all possible paths.  Would there be anything in some kind of log?

Should be, if your logging is working.  PHP generates useful errors, but
a lot of people have something set wrong somewhere which prevents the logging.

> The php log shows nothing, and logging is on debug_all.

Double check the log settings, and/or try an alternative method (syslog,
file, etc).

Also, don't forget the permissions checks on the files/directories.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!