[horde] SWF, IMAP Class libraries

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jan 6 07:49:27 PST 2003

Quoting Daniel MD <danielmd at im-thinking.com>:

> My name is Daniel MD, I am doing a Macromedia Flash application with
> swmx.com, and I am looking for some way to extend their services with a
> mail ActiveX COM component, there are no free ones, so I decided I could
> use another approach, using PHP to process the forms, and use the SWF,
> IMAP classes to do this, do you think its feasible?

Yes, it is feasible.

> Does anyone have experience with interfacing .swf files and PHP, any
> reply would be appreciated, because if you don't maybe this isn't the
> right place to be asking, and I will take my "business" someplace else,
> although I am very interested in the upcoming application,  WHUPS.

Your "business" is your business. This is an open source project; I manage
to make a bit of money doing some consulting work on this, but most people
aren't paid for their time, and I'm certainly not paid for all of mine. And
I don't necessarily *want* to be (ideal worlds set aside <g>), but it means
that all of us choose what we're going to spend time on to what we can do
for work and what we want to do.

I don't know if anyone else is interested in this, but unless you are
interested in working with Horde in some way, then this definitely is not
the right place for your questions. If you want to work on using Horde as an
interface between some backends and flash frontends, that could be a really
interesting project, and you'd be welcome to discuss it on this list, or a
specialized list if there were enough interest.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."