[horde] snapshot installation questions

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jan 6 08:00:39 PST 2003

Quoting Rob Brandt <bronto at csd-bes.net>:

> I have MySQL installed and running already.  A lot of stuff in use
> there already.  And I also have phpMyAdmin.  I do a lot of
> PostNuke development :')  I don't intend to use ldap.  I prefer to
> stick with imap authentication.  Are you saying that the
> groups/users/permissions settings are only for SQL authentication?

No, this was wrong. User administration depends on your backend; some
backends support it, some can't. Groups and permissions can be used no
matter how you are authenticating users, but at the moment the only
categories backend, which they use, is SQL. I would be thrilled if someone
wrote additional backends.

>  If so, and if there's a payoff, I'll consider that.  What kinds
> of things can be controlled with groups and permissions?  I looked
> for sql scripts for these tables, but didn't see anything that
> would deal with a groups or permissions table.

It is the horde_categories table.

> Further down, after I noted my difficulty in saving
> configurations, you  noted that I really need a backend.
> Configurations for IMP stored in SQL rather than conf.php?  That
> would be cool, but I didn't realize that's a possibility.  Maybe
> that's my whole problem(?)

No, that is not a possibility.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."