[horde] snapshot installation questions

Rob Brandt bronto at csd-bes.net
Mon Jan 6 01:26:05 PST 2003

> Ermmm ... where do you think Imap gets its authrization from?
> Unix/Linux /etc/passwd etc., NIS or ldap is the answer
> (/etc/nsswitch.conf). Mine gets it from both files and ldap.
> That bit's all right, it's the Horde settings that don't work
> properly with ldap. It comes far too short at the moment, I'm
> sure Chuck would admit to it being "work in progress."

By using imap authorization, how imap gets it's authentication
shouldn't be relevent.  In my case, I use courier-imap
authenticated against a SQL table of virtual users.  So my imap
users don't have individual unix usernames/passwords.

>> I looked
>> for sql scripts for these tables, but didn't see anything that
>> would deal with a groups or permissions table.
>
> It gets remembered :-) Look in horde_categories

Hmm, I have the table categories created in the horde db.  But
when I try to add a permission or group, I get:

 'test' was not created: DB Error: no such field.

Rob