[horde] Problem in creating Admin and User account using Horde

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Feb 12 19:55:55 PST 2003

Quoting Wong Chi Chung <s77wcc at mail.lskc.edu.hk>:

> Is that no need to create the user 'john' in the database?

It doesn't create any users, as it doesn't know what users you want,
but more importantly, it doesn't know what backend you would want
them in (imap account, ftp account, horde sql user, ldap user, etc).

So you have to create your own users, and tell Horde how to access them.

> I created an account in database, table: horde_users
> user_uid: admin
> user_pass: admin(md5)

Should work (md5 is correct, not the mysql password type).

> create the file /var/www/html/horde/config/conf.php (there is no conf.php)

Depends on your versions.  If you don't have a horde/config/conf.php, then
you have instead a horde/config/horde.php instead.  Same file, different
names, depending on version.

> contains
> $conf['auth']['admins'] =3D array('admin', 'admin');

Only put admin in once.  Just a list of usernames, no passwords here.

> Thx.
>

> >In config/conf.php, try:
> >
> >$conf['auth']['admins'] =3D array('admin', 'john'); #EXAMPLE
> >
> >I had this same problem when I first set Horde up :)
> >
> >Rob

Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics
The University of Texas at Austin