[horde] Help!

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 20 16:13:16 PST 2003

> I'm completely confused... I upgraded from an earlier version of horde
> 2.x, and I also upgraded all the components while I was there, but I
> didn't re-create the config files, cos I assumed these would be
> backwards-compatible.

You need to merge the changes to the new config files back into your older
versions.  They are not backwards compatible in the sense that new features
that were added in the newer version must be merged back to the old config
file.

I can't help you much since you don't tell me which versions you are running
(or what you upgraded from and to).

> I'm reiceive horrible errors, and nobody can get into my site.

Always update your config files when you update Horde or any of its
modules.  Simply diff the *.php and *.php.dist files and manually
merge in the needed changes.  There are scripts to do this but I
personally don't use/trust them ;)

>   Notice: Undefined index: session_timeout in
> /hsphere/local/home/fishspon/webmail.mongeese.co.uk/horde/lib/Registry.php
> on line 497

Not sure about that one.

>   Notice: Undefined index: cache_limiter in
> /hsphere/local/home/fishspon/webmail.mongeese.co.uk/horde/lib/Registry.php
> on line 499

Set this in horde/config/horde.php (horde/config/conf.php in CVS HEAD).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!