[horde] Problem sending mail

John Buysse jbuysse at nd.edu
Thu Mar 20 07:23:06 PST 2003

We are having a problem with only a few users sending mail.  When they
click "Send Message" in the compose window, they are left on the page
for a few minutes and then they finally receive an error that the server
was not found.  Another strange thing is that this only occurs when they
try to access IMP from their home machines, if they log into IMP from a
machine on campus, they don't have a problem.  Each of the users have a
different ISP, and other users going through the same ISP are not having
the problem.

Through testing on a development server, I removed;
enctype="multipart/form-data" from line 12 of
/imp/templates/compose/compose.inc.

After doing this the users could send e-mail through this server without
problems.  But, this is not a feasible solution because it breaks
attachments.

In looking at the Apache logs, I do not see anything logged for these
users after the compose window initially loads, until they close the
compose window and refresh their Inbox.

Our configuration is as follows;
Solaris 2.8
Apache 1.3.26
PHP 4.2.3
Horde 2.2.1
IMP 3.2
Turba 1.1

If anyone has any ideas, we would appreciate it.

Thanks,

John

--
John C. Buysse