[horde] Starting a group

Drago Bokal drago at virtuni.net
Fri Mar 21 07:47:25 PST 2003

Hi, everybody!

I've been using horde for my webmails for a while. When recently we started
discussing about
systemmatically supporting other aspects of our work and starting a project
management
developement team, the Horde platform turned out to be a promising option.
Of course we
don't want to invent hot water all over again, and therefore we are seeking
a platform that
is already established, study it and contribute to it.

But before we really commit to it, I hope you don't mind to ask some few
questions:

* quite some tools don't work yet with the new release of Horde. How come -
is this a common
problem with new releases? Any estimates about when will the projects be
upgraded? Can
one aid the upgrading process?

* is there something like developement strategy or white paper? In what
state is the documentation:
I've seen some hordedoc on CVS, but looks there is nothing with "head and
tail" yet, or em I mistaken?
Can one run PHPDoc on horde to obtain something understandable and useful?

* Is hored open towards the other systems? For instance, could one make an
interface to bugzilla to
manage bugs from within Horde (under assumption bugzilla allows that). And,
from within: if we
develop a new feature within a standard Horde module, can one submit it to
the developers and have
it implemented in the main stream releases?

Thank you in advance for the replys. I wish you much success with your work!

Drago