[horde] Compatibility with Red Hat 9.0

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Mon Apr 14 08:22:22 PDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, EdwardBurr <horde at email.burr.cc> wrote:

>   from http://ftp.horde.org/pub/RPMS/i386/rh7/old/
>     php-4.1.2-0horde1
> [...]
> These php packages, or the newer ones in
> http://ftp.horde.org/pub/RPMS/i386/rh7/, fail to install due to
> the missing dependency 'db3'. Red Hat 9 provides db4 instead.

Yeah, those won't work for either RH 8.0 or 9 (which is why I used the
"rh7/" directory naming convention when I put them there).  Eric has some
PHP RPMs for 8.0 but neither of us has done RH 9 yet.  It's "on my list".

> The Horde, Imp, Kronolith, Mnemo, Nag, and Turba require the package
> "apache" which in Red Hat 9 has been renamed to "httpd" and provides
> Apache 2.0.

Exactly; and the previous ones aren't a good idea for RH 9 because with
Apache 2.x the /etc/httpd conventions have changed, etc.  This is "on my
list" also.

I suggest at this point you go with Red Hat 9's PHP RPMs and the source
code tarballs for Horde, IMP, etc. stable (2.2.1, 3.2.1, etc.).  I suspect
it'll just work.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html