[horde] Premature end of script headers: test.php

Peter Mee pmee at cymhost.co.uk
Mon May 12 05:16:50 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I am new to both PHP and Horde.  Having read the FAQ, install instructions and
trawled through recent news posts, I find myself looking for some help in
getting the test.php script functioning.

I have installed php 4.3.1 and Horde 2.2.1 from tar balls.  I am already
successfully running Apache 2.0.44 and a mail system unrelated to this
problem.  All compilation options for php mentioned in the horde & imp tar
balls have been successfully compiled & php successfully installed.

When using horde's test.php through the browser I get an error from the Apache
server indicating an Internal Server Error (error code 500, from the logs).
In particular the error log indicates "Premature end of script headers:
test.php".

When running php test.php from the horde directory I get a full HTML document,
but not HTTP headers - would a command-line run get these headers?

I realise that this error is tending to point to the Apache configuration for
errors, but the only two modifications I have found mentioned are used in my
Apache's configuration:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
DirectoryIndex index.php

These were both placed beneath other AddType declarations in the httpd.conf.

Could someone point me in the correct direction of resolving this issue
please.

Best regards,

Peter Mee