[horde] Couple questions about Horde/imp/moment/kronolith/etc.

James Satterfield james at uberduper.com
Thu Jul 17 09:20:52 PDT 2003

I just finished up the setup of horde woth all the fixins from cvs. I have to
say that if I hadn't originally tried setting everything up from FreeBSD ports,
the whole install/config would have been a snap. I did however run into one
time consuming snag with horde auth: When setting up horde for the first time,
I set it to authenticate against imap. Unfortunatly, all of my config options
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';
$conf['auth']['params']['folder'] = 'INBOX';
$conf['auth']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['auth']['params']['port'] = 143;
$conf['auth']['params']['protocol'] = 'imap/notls/novalidate-cert';
were being ignored. I finally ended up modifying the "defaults" from the
horde/lib/Auth/imap.php to get past the failure to validate my cert. Once I got
through that it was smooth sailing.

So now I have a couple questions about how things work:
Should I expect that when I request a meeting using moment that it modify my
calendar ala kronolith?
Any thoughts as to why I'm getting frequent random DB access failures?
Anyone else experience Konqueror random logouts?
Is there a way to share calendars/task lists with other users?
Or have a public calendar/task list?
Any good documents that describe the configuration for vhosting Horde? Maybe
even with cyrus-imapd?

Thanks
James.