[horde] I'm at a bit of a loss

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 29 15:48:53 PDT 2003

Quoting Justin Ainsworth <justin at sullust.org>:

> When I visit mysite.com/horde/ I get the login screen.  Great.  Umm... I
> don't have a login.  None of the system users work, I tried just adding
> a username/password to the database but that doesn't seem to take
> either.  So what is my default username/pass or how can I create one?

There is no default username/password.  How you create one depends on how
you want to authenticate your users.

First, decide how you want to authenticate your users (imap/pop3 auth,
sql auth, ldap auth, ftp auth, kerberos auth, radius auth, windows smb
auth, etc).  We don't know this.  You have to decide this.  Do you want
to login via a windows domain?  Or via your email username/password?  Or
your radius remote access login?  Or your ldap single sign on password?
Or something else?

One you know how you want to authenticate, *then* you can ask this mailing
list how to set that up.  Until then, we can't tell you how to do it, as we
don't know what you want to do!

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics