[horde] troubleshooting - DB Error: connect failed

Adrian DeBoer stud_muffin_540 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 13:27:36 PDT 2003

Eric:

I found 2 different threads from the archives with the
EXACT same problem I am having..

http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20030303/006241.html

http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20030127/005631.html

The first one - the guy never replied back to the list
to say if it worked or not...so I'm assuming it
did....unless he gave up like I'm about to and go
shoot myself...

-  In the horde.php, added the following line:

$conf['storage']['params']['socket'] =
'/home/mysql/mysql.sock';

I tried that, and then tried changing ['storage'] to
['auth'] like all the other sql configurations...still
didn't work.  I also added this line to the
/horde/kronolith/config/conf.php file....

If anyone wants to see my /horde/config/horde.php and
/horde/kronolith/config/conf.php - just to make sure
everything is in order....I gladly send you them ASAP.

The second thread - the problem was mysteriously
solved by adding DOM XML support....I already have DOM
XML support....but its not working for me.

Will anyone throw me a bone??

Adrian