[horde] Full set of howto instructions

Kent Martin horde at kentsworld.com
Fri Oct 10 19:25:22 PDT 2003

Assuming you have mysql up and running (which is pretty well documented on
mysql.com/in the tarballs/search google) the commands you are looking for are:

# 1) First create the database
mysqladmin -uroot -pthemysqlrootpassword create horde
# 2) Then create a horde user with access to said database
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON horde.* TO horde at localhost identified by
'horde_user_password'
# 3) The populate it with the appropriate tables etc
mysql -uroot -pthemysqlrootpassword < mysql_create.sql

The db username and password in the various config files will be:

User: horde
Password: horde_user_password (or whatever you set in step 2)

Bear in mind, I have made the following assumptions:

You are on some sort of *nix with a properly installed mysql which is already
running - if it is a mainstream linux distro, you should be able to start the
db with "/etc/init.d/mysql start" as root before doing the steps above.

The database server is on the same machine as your webserver - if not, adjust
the 'localhost' in step 2 appropriately (easiest being to replace the word
localhost with the IP address of your webserver).