[horde] Re: Login issue - loop to login page

Kevin Bonner xherbiex at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 4 11:40:09 PST 2003

>Date: Mon,  3 Nov 2003 11:11:45 -0600
>From: Brady Kern <bkern at news-gazette.com>
>Subject: [horde] Login issue - loop to login page
>To: horde at lists.horde.org
>
>Hi,
>
>When logging into horde if I point my browser to webmail.domain.com
>everything
>works fine,  however when I point to just webmail/  After the login my
>inbox
>shows up fine but trying to go to any other part address book, kronolith,
>horde,
>etc,  I am returned to the login screen and then stuck in a permanent loop.
>have webmail set up as a virtual host with all of the same configs as
>webmail.domain.com  Is this a horde or an apache issue?
>Thanks

I had this same problem. I've narrowed it down to being a problem between
the browser and the certificate on an ssl connection. if your certificate
name does not agree with the url I was getting this. On changing the
certificate name to agree the problem disappeared. It seems that unless they
agree Internet explorer establishes a new session each time. To a lesser
degree mozilla does this too.