[horde] (no subject)

Jeff Warnica jeffw at chebucto.ns.ca
Mon Nov 10 16:19:37 PST 2003

I havent actualy use IMP + cyrus + SASL; but Ive read a lot about it as
I am planning on doing so :P

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 19:35, ml at a019.hostcentral.com wrote:
> 1. User creating a folder must specify "INBOX.[foldername]". Can this be
> changed?
> 2. Must all folders created by a user be under INBOX?

See servers.php, 'nanespace'

> 3. Admin user cannot create top level [shared] folders. Moreover, when you log
> in as cyrus admin user and go to the Folders page, Horde hangs. 'cyrus' is in
> tghe admin array of horde/config/horde.php

Horde admin or cyrus admin? Horde might not 'hang', it might be realy,
realy slow if you have lots of users.

> 4. The imapd log is full of messages like this:
> Nov 10 18:05:19 a019 imapd[96798]: no user in db
> Nov 10 18:05:19 a019 imapd[96798]: login: localhost.hostcentral.com[127.0.0.1]
> itz CRAM-MD5 User logged in.

The Cyrus SASL settings are harde to get exactly right; SASL really
likes to use its own DB, and if the settings arnt quite right will fall
back there.

> 5. It appears that each user only INBOX folder and no Drafts and/or Sent that
> we
> expected to see. Is that normal? Could this be altered somehow?

Nothing creates either of those folders. If you want other folders to be
created, that shold happen at the same time as whatever creates the
users INBOX....