[horde] upgrading PEAR

Adrian DeBoer stud_muffin_540 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 12:20:29 PST 2003

Mike:

> If I'm not mistaken, why not just do a 'pear
> upgrade-all' - which may not work
> without the XML_RPC.  In that case, just do 'pear
> install XML_RPC', then do a
> 'pear upgrade-all'
>
> This *should* do the trick for you in getting your
> Pear packages up to date.
> Then running that php script for installing the
> framework should work for you.

Thanks for replying!  I did what you said with each of
the dependency packages:

- pear install XML_RPC
- pear install Archive_Tar
- pear install Console_Getopt

They installed!

pear upgrade-all list-installed
Installed packages:
===================
+----------------+---------+--------+
| Package        | Version | State  |
| XML_RPC        | 1.0.4   | stable |
| Archive_Tar    | 1.1     | stable |
| Console_Getopt | 1.0     | stable |
+----------------+---------+--------+

Now when I go and type the command - pear upgrade-all
I get the folllowing retured on screen:

Usage: pear [options] command [command-options]
<parameters>
Type "pear help options" to list all options.
Type "pear help <command>" to get the help for the
specified command.
Commands:
   list-installed
   shell-test
   login
   logout
   config-show
   config-get
   config-set
   install
   uninstall
   upgrade
   package
   package-info
   package-list
   package-validate
   cvstag
   remote-package-info
   list-upgrades
   list-remote-packages

When I go into my PEAR-1.3b3 directory (package I
dowbloaded) and try and run some the PEAR.php scripts
-it returns - X-Powered-By: PHP/4.2.2 Content-type:
text/html). Same story when I go a directory further
into the PEAR directory and run Installer.php.

I hope I gave you enough info for me to troubleshoot
my problem - I am still at php-4.0.6-7  -I am actually
wanting to upgrade it to php-4.3.4 before I get to
frustrated with the PEAR not working - Am I right in
thinking this problem could simply be solved by
upgrading php??

Thanks!

Adrian