[horde] Just some feedback

Brian Martinez martinez_brain at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 14:04:15 PST 2003

All,

The development efforts in Horde are absolutely phenomenal...keep up the
excellent work!

I have a full installation of the Horde Head running.  I track development
on a constant basis and thought that before I head out...send in an email,
maybe I can be helpful.

Just a couple of error feedbacks on my installation of Horde:

1. During execution of install-packages.php under the framework I get the
following error:

Installing RPC:
failed to write /usr/share/pear/Horde/RPC/.tmpsoap.php

2.  The Mottle component gives the following error:

Warning: Failed opening 'HORDE_LIBSHorde/Util.php' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/php/horde/lib/Horde.php on
line 4

Hopes and desires:

1.  That the User Administration page be "tabbed".
2.  That Thor (projects) get more attention, I feel it is absolutely
critical!
3.  That a Documentation component be included/started.
4.  That Mottle gets updated.
5.  That Luxor gets more language modules. esp. Java.
6.  That the seup can handle installations behind proxies, ie. Jonah, Klutz.

Thanks to all the Horde developers - you are doing an outstanding job!

Brian