[horde] Recent Horde complaints

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Thu Dec 4 12:45:21 PST 2003

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Eric Rostetter wrote:

> Quoting Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>:
>
> > Frankly, I'm amazed that some of you are still answering questions like,
> > "I can't login to Horde", or "What is an IMAP server".
>
> Someone has to do it.  The main problems are:
>
> * People don't know how to ask questions so as to get a fast, accurate answer.
> * People don't know how to search for an FAQ, docs in the install tree, mailing
>   list archives, or even how to effectively use a search engine.
>
> If I could teach the world to ask properly formed questions, and how to search
> the web for information in an effective manor, then the questions to the
> mailing lists would be cut by about a half.
>
> Alas, I always fail at this (in particular in getting people to ask a
> reasonable question).

Eric,

I don't know if you get many kudos, but you're one of those guys with
nearly infinite patience for answering questions on this list.  Obviously,
you have more patience than I do, although I usually just avoid getting
involved.  So, a big thanks to you for answering these questions.

I felt the need to vent after people have been insulting Horde for their
own problems and ignorance.

	Andy