[horde] Progress with "You must configure a Category backend to use Horde." error

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jan 11 09:20:35 PST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 09:45, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:
>
> > nope - not in anything that I have edited and seemingly nowhere in the
> > distribution file parts that I haven't edited - just checked.
>
> Do you even know that you have the same *cause* of problem as Shane, though? He
> did some debugging to find out where things were getting triggered. Try doing
> the same thing and see what you can find...

---
as a further follow up - and I'm stretching my abilities here - I won't
be hurt if you tell me that I don't know what I'm doing...

I added one line within the function that checked for category
permissions to make certain the the value is passed...

            global $conf;
new line->  $conf['category']['driver']='sql';

this new line becomes line 48 in horde.head/lib/Perms.php

which resulted in a different error, interesting?
              A fatal error has occurred

  Required 'phptype' not specified in categories SQL configuration.
  The file /var/www/html/horde.head/config/../config/conf.php should
contain a $conf['storage']['params']['phptype'] setting.

but this is the line in horde.head/config/conf.php
$conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'mysql';

Craig