[horde] Progress with "You must configure a Category backend to use Horde." error

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Jan 11 09:45:23 PST 2004

Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:

> as a further follow up - and I'm stretching my abilities here - I won't
> be hurt if you tell me that I don't know what I'm doing...

I still find it a bit amazing that you expect to be walked through using
development software. Which, incidentally, works fine in most cases, but you
still need to be willing and able to troubleshoot your own problems a bit when
you're broken your configuration. That's why it's *development*. Developer
branch. Etc...

> I added one line within the function that checked for category
> permissions to make certain the the value is passed...
>
>             global $conf;
> new line->  $conf['category']['driver']='sql';
>
> this new line becomes line 48 in horde.head/lib/Perms.php
>
> which resulted in a different error, interesting?
>               A fatal error has occurred
>
>   Required 'phptype' not specified in categories SQL configuration.
>   The file /var/www/html/horde.head/config/../config/conf.php should
> contain a $conf['storage']['params']['phptype'] setting.
>
> but this is the line in horde.head/config/conf.php
> $conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'mysql';

$conf['sql']['phptype'] is not the same thing as
$conf['storage']['params']['phptype'], and while we should perhaps be
inheriting those settings, there are some apps where we don't yet, and this is
obviously one of them. So you need to look at your *application's*
configuration and see what's missing.

Of course, you still have a problem with your Horde config, since the line you
added isn't necessary.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"Here, I brought some cole slaw. It's made from peeeooople! Just kidding."