[horde] Progress with "You must configure a Category backend to use Horde." error

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jan 11 09:55:23 PST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 10:20, Craig White wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 09:45, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> > Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:
> >
> > > nope - not in anything that I have edited and seemingly nowhere in the
> > > distribution file parts that I haven't edited - just checked.
> >
> > Do you even know that you have the same *cause* of problem as Shane, though? He
> > did some debugging to find out where things were getting triggered. Try doing
> > the same thing and see what you can find...
> >
> ---
> as a further follow up - and I'm stretching my abilities here - I won't
> be hurt if you tell me that I don't know what I'm doing...
>
> I added one line within the function that checked for category
> permissions to make certain the the value is passed...
>
>             global $conf;
> new line->  $conf['category']['driver']='sql';
>
> this new line becomes line 48 in horde.head/lib/Perms.php
>
> which resulted in a different error, interesting?
>               A fatal error has occurred
>
>   Required 'phptype' not specified in categories SQL configuration.
>   The file /var/www/html/horde.head/config/../config/conf.php should
> contain a $conf['storage']['params']['phptype'] setting.
>
> but this is the line in horde.head/config/conf.php
> $conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
----
continuing on - I was hoping that the above info would make it obvious
to you what is happening but I'm certain that this should...

I added line 49 to horde.head/lib/Perms.php
        $conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'mysql';

and then when I access it with a browser, the error I get is...
                 A fatal error has occurred

  Required 'hostspec' not specified in categories SQL configuration.
  The file /var/www/html/horde.head/config/../config/conf.php should
contain a $conf['storage']['params']['hostspec'] setting.

but of course, the following value is in horde.head/config/conf.php
$conf['sql']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';

---
thus it is evident that the values contained within
horde.head/config/conf.php are not read and thus, everything fails at
horde.head/lib/Perms.php

So it appears that my problem is the webroot of horde (now /horde.head)
but no matter what changes I make to horde.head/config/registry.php -
the outcome doesn't change.

Craig