[horde] Help w/ hooks

Edwin Culp eculp at viviendaatualcance.com.mx
Mon Jan 26 14:34:00 PST 2004

Quoting Ben Davis <ben.davis at pca-wichita.com>:

> I think I need a little help on getting hooks to work.  Here's my problem:
>
> I have a special setup for creating users & groups.  Although I can
> still authenticate through normal LDAP authentication,  my users and
> groups need to be created and edited using special perl scripts on my
> server.
>
> I've looked through horde/config/hooks.php  and I can't seem to figure
> out or understand what hooks I need to use for this.   I don't think I
> need to user preauthenticate or postauthenticate because authentication
> works as normal. Also, I don't allow users to "sign up" so  I'm not sure
> if I should use the preprocess hook either.
>
> If anyone can clue me in here I'd greatly appreciate it!

Yo estoy utilizando HORDE LDAP authentication y prefs sin hooks y con courier
IMAP.  The authentication and prefs are configured in horde/conf.php and IMAP
in horde/imp/config/servers.php and with the following line in the
$servers['imap'] = array :
   'hordeauth' => 'full'
to not have to login twice.  The only disadvantage to hooks, afaik, is that you
may have to login with your complete email address rather than just a uid for
virtual domains.  I will be configuring a hook once everything else is working
or I get tired of typing @viviendaatualcance.com.mx  :-)

Good luck,

ed