[horde] Horde in a virtual host environment

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Feb 12 02:57:28 PST 2004

Please keep discussions on the list.

Zitat von "Bearne, Paul" <PBEARNE at tycoelectronics.com>:

> thanks for your quick reply
>
> I m sorry my PHP isn't up to this ( asp wiz )!
>
> require_once '/etc/horde/config/virtual.php'; ( read only defaults)

No, this file contains some stuff I need elsewhere, e.g. a function to
return the fileroot based on the virtual host.

> require_once '/usr/www/horde_config/config/standard-conf.php';( here is
> where we would put all the settings for the virtual server)

No, these are the default settings for *all* hosts.

> ok the /etc/horde would be added to the web site using directory alias in
> apache config
> we could workout the path to the web server / use a relative path
> ../horde_config/ and mirror the folder structure
>
> would we have to change any setting to get any temp files written to the
> horde_config path
>

> @include $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] . '-conf.php'; (what does do and would I
> need it?)

This is the interesting part. It includes a configuration file named after
the virtual host (if it exists), for example www.example.com-conf.php. This
is the place where I change settings for a single host the differ from the
default settings in standard-conf.php.
You can of course choose directory names instead of file names, like:
@include '/etc/horde/' . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] . '/conf.php';

Jan.

http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens