[horde] Horde 3.0 & PHP5

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Feb 18 14:46:33 PST 2004

Zitat von Philip Iezzi <horde at iezzi.ch>:

> hi
>
> I just got a few questions about Horde3.0/IMP/Turba/Chora. I don't know if
> this is the right place, but I would really appreciate if someone could
> answer them.
>
> - Will a current CVS checkout of the above applications run under
>   PHP5 (currently beta4)? How far has this already been tested?

No, it currently segfaults with some of our MIME code. This has yet to be
fixed in PHP.

> - Does the current Chora (CVS) already fully support Subversion?

The support is experimental but should be feature complete. Testing and
feedback would be great.

> - Setup: Where do I find a "quickstart guide" for Horde 3.0?

docs/INSTALL. Beside that documentation for Horde 3 has yet to be written.
Contributions are welcome.

>   What's about the new xml configuration files? Is there a graphical
>   front-end to edit them or do I need to edit them manually
>   (in this case I'd prefer de old .conf files)

Yes.

> - What's about horde/lib/Horde.php, where has it gone?

To the framework module as most of the libraries.

Jan.

http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens