[horde] Horde 3.0 & PHP5

Jeff Warnica jeffw at chebucto.ns.ca
Wed Feb 18 15:04:31 PST 2004

Don't consider these anywhere near official answers. Or even correct
answers, for that matter :)

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 18:40, Philip Iezzi wrote:
> - Will a current CVS checkout of the above applications run under
>   PHP5 (currently beta4)? How far has this already been tested?

So far as I know, the only code-breaking change in PHP5 is some obscure
OOP methodologies. The PHP/Zend docs say "but no one uses this anyway".
If Horde isn't compatible with PHP5, then its a PHP5 bug.

I had horde running under one of the PHP5 betas, only me using it, and
only for a couple of days. It worked, but I wasn't trying to find bugs.

> - Does the current Chora (CVS) already fully support Subversion?

My understanding is that Subversion is supposed to replace (and improve
upon) the /features/ of CVS, but direct compatibility isn't at all a
goal. PHP seems not to has any webdav capabilities, so I think the
answer here is "no" and "not likely anywhere in the future, either"

> - Setup: Where do I find a "quickstart guide" for Horde 3.0?
>   What's about the new xml configuration files? Is there a graphical
>   front-end to edit them or do I need to edit them manually
>   (in this case I'd prefer de old .conf files)

You only need configure the core horde system by hand. As a horde admin
user, the other modules can be configured. Things like IMP servers,
Turba sources, etc seem still to be done by hand, and I don't know if
they are targeted to be XMLized.

> - What's about horde/lib/Horde.php, where has it gone?

Checking out hordes chora, it looks like its been moved into the
framework.