[horde] Horde / IMP lot of problems

ENAKE at telefonica.net ENAKE at telefonica.net
Sat Feb 28 08:24:32 PST 2004

First, hi to all and sorry for my bad english.

I have many dificulties to install Horde with IMP in Debian Woody.
I test Horde 2.2.5 and Horde (HEAD) with IMP 3.2.2 and none good results.

I planning to use Horde and IMP to retrieve mails that are stored in a
external provider.
I configured the machine to use MySQL data backend but this not working
for me.

My idea is to retrive all mails that are stored in POP3 accounts and let
the users to view it with IMP. Also all the data
(preferences, contacts, personal folders, etc) are saved on the Horde /
IMP machine to centralize it. (With Turba).

It this posible? Can Horde and IMP work if I not have any pop3/imap
server installed on the machine? Also I don't have any
smtp server installed.

I see that test.php indicates me that all parameters are good configured
but when I try to log in, nothing occurs.

All the users and passwords are provided by my hosting company and I
don't know how to learn Horde / IMP to use it.

What can I do to use Horde / IMP in this scenario?

Thanks to all.