[horde] TeliaSonera violating the GPL by using Horde-code?

Jeff Warnica jeffw at chebucto.ns.ca
Sat Mar 20 09:23:33 PST 2004

Ah, the ASP question. First, while IANAL, I think it safe to say that
since this release of code was unintentional, its release wouldn't
'trigger' the rest of the GPL. So the question is far more general: "if
you use a GPLd web based program, modify it, but run it publicly, does
that count as 'distribution', and if it doesn't, should it?"

The abridged answer, from the GNUs head lawyer is: "We don't know, and
maybe". You really don't have much of a case.. GNU doesn't even know
what to do yet.