[horde] Horde and MySQL problem

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun May 9 10:58:12 PDT 2004

Quoting Adam Kuklycz <adamk at mcservices.com.au>:

> Ok I've tried setting the password to things that are plain and simple such
> as username horde password horde and it still does not work.

Your problem is a configuration error, and has nothing to do with passwords.
It can't connect to your db, so it doesn't matter what is in your db.

> Required 'phptype' not specified in authentication configuration.

You need to edit your horde configuration file and specify the phptype
parameter for your sql setup (either generic sql setup, or auth sql
setup, depending on your version).

phptype defines the type of sql database you use, such as "mysql" or
"pgsql" or whatever.

In HEAD, you would add something like:

$conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'pgsql';

In most older versions, you would add something like:

$conf['auth']['params']['phptype'] = 'pgsql';

> $conf['auth']['driver'] = 'sql';
> $conf['auth']['params'] = array();

You need to add the phptype here.

> And in preferences section -->
>
> $conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';
> $conf['prefs']['params'] = array();
> $conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';

You did it for prefs; you just need to do it for auth also.

> $conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
> $conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
> $conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = 'horde';
> $conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';

You'll probably want to add all those for auth also.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!