[horde] Re: [kronolith] Recent catagory consolidation / shared calendars 'sharing' catagories

cpickert at t3inc.us cpickert at t3inc.us
Wed May 26 23:02:23 PDT 2004

Quoting Chuck:
> Now they are bound to the viewing user's uid, although the categories
> themselves
> are just text in the backend, so everyone seems the same category
> when looking
> at an item. Before, they were bound to the uid of the calendar's owner.
  I think I follow, thank you for the explanation. Currently, when I share a
calendar, I'm able to view the correct category text from a shared-to user's
kronolith.

  I now know my initial rant of being able to 'share' the categories between
users is totally off because regardless whether the user has his 'matching'
category or not, they proper text is displayed in the shared calendar's event,
which is wonderful! Wonderful intuition there!

  Where I've confused myself and the issue entirely is that although
the above is
true, in that if you add a shared calendar, the colors for the category do not
carry over, and there are no colored 'capsules' at the bottom describing the
different shared calendar categories. However, if I click the event/edit it, I
can see the correct category text there.

  I'm probably just treading water, as the initial questioning I had of wheter
categories from shared calendars could be shared between users hits the same
issue as I've just described, and you've already gave your explanation Chuck,
no plans for 'sharing'. But maybe that's entirely different than getting the
colors / capsules in krono (colors in others apps, probably).

> I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. -chuck

I know, sometimes these mailing lists post are just horrendous, undescernable
rants. :( My apologies...

-CP