[horde] Email/Webmail storage question

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 7 05:14:44 PDT 2004

Hi all folks,

Email and Webmail storage question - how to store
daily mails chronologically and selectively.

Just join this list and horde is completely new to me.

Everyday we receive lot of mails on different subjects
and from different senders. How to keep all of them in
separate files according to subject/date/sender/thread
etc. for future reference/retrieval is a problem.

My stupid solution is copying each mail to respective
files according to subject/date/sender/thread etc,
deleting unwanted paragraphs/texts, if necessary, but
it required tedious work, in particular the quantity
of daily mail exceeding 100. Is horde can help me OR
is there a software from Open Source which will do the
job copying all incoming mails to file according to
subject/date/sender/thread etc. If old files already
existing it will copy incoming mails to respective
files automatically according to options preset. The
same can be edited if necessary and searched
thereafter.

Any advice/suggestion will be appreciated. TIA

B.R.
Stephen Liu