[horde] External login page

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Oct 10 14:23:04 PDT 2004

Quoting Ollie Maitland <ollie at byng-designs.com>:

> Thanks *very* much for the answers Chuck, this new version of Horde is much
> easier to hack with compared to the previous ones. Essentially all I'm after
> in the alternative login page is just to change the URL to a login page on
> the site. Would it be tricky to add in the alternate_login setting as this
> is very useful?

No, it shouldn't be hard, but no one has had the time/motivation to do
it. Open
an enhancement request at bugs.horde.org, ideally with a patch attached, to
make sure the request doesn't get lost.

> As for the output buffering; I find that getting raw data out of Horde is
> very easy (in the form of arrays and objects) however when it comes to
> displaying the data (which horde obviously does very well at) there aren't
> any *abstract* functions that I can see that obviously can do this. Thus
> either I have been writing my own parsers or using the output buffering in
> php because horde prints inline with the php parsing. So my question is
> whether there are or will be abstract functions that one could use to parse
> the data extracted from the api.php scripts?

I sort of see what you're getting at in terms of what you want to do, but I'm
still not sure what you mean by "abstract functions" that can format Horde's
data without actually using Horde - isn't that kind of what Horde is? :) Try
asking more specific questions about individual pieces, maybe? Also make sure
you look at the API methods ($registry->call('app/foo')) and the Horde_Blocks
that are available.

-chuck

Quincy Adams