[horde] New install fails in multiple ways - particularly class pear and IMAP

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Thu Nov 18 03:29:52 PST 2004

--On Thursday, November 18, 2004 11:06 am +0100 Jan Schneider
<jan at horde.org> wrote:

> Zitat von Iain Stevenson <iain at iainstevenson.com>:
>

>> I seem to be having a lot of trouble getting a clean install of the
>> latest Horde going.  I've installed Horde + Kronolith + Gollem + Mnemo +
>> Turba + Trean.
>>
>> A lot of the time I'm getting 'Undefined class name 'pear' messages from
>> just about any application.  What causes this?
>
> This can't really happen unless you have a severely broken setup, e.g.
> some PEAR.php file in your include path that is *not* part of the PEAR
> package.

In which case why is test.php reporting my system as perfect apart from
about four modules I don't need?  I'll have a poke around for PEAR.php and
see if it throws up any oddities.

>> IMAP authentication seems to fail because it always tries to use SSL and
>> the novalidate cert option seems not to do anything.  I'm running Cyrus
>> IMAP.
>
> RTFM. If you don't want to use SSL, use "imap" or "imap/notls" for the
> protocol parameter.

Well, I've RTFM'd, RTFINSTALL'd, RTFFAQ'd and RTFListed all with no
solution.  I have tried all the imap options on both ports with no success.
Squirrelmail and Apache both have no problems authenticating with my Cyrus
setup so I'm still going to suggest something's not quite right in the
Horde IMAP code.

  Iain