[horde] Re: 3.0.2.install: empty frames?

Charles Bailey baileych at mail.med.upenn.edu
Mon Jan 24 10:29:07 PST 2005

--On January 23, 2005 2:20:57 AM -0500 Ken Lowther <klowther at cisnet.com>
wrote:

> Charles Bailey wrote:

>> Since the session counter in Horde's test.php increments, I've assumed
>> (perhaps incorrectly) that session basics are OK.  Where would I look
>> to see what Horde's trying to do with session info?
>>
> I've already told you as much as I know.  Maybe even more. ;-)  Do you
> have pear and php set to log at debug levels?

Thanks for the advice.  I had a chance to play around some more, and
stumbled across the solution:  Horde is apparently unable to cope with the
name "localhost"; if I substitute "127.0.0.1" or the actual FQDN of the
Ethernet interface, Horde loads fine.  (I'm not sure whether the root of
the problem lies in Horde or name resolution on my machine, but fwiw
"localhost" works fine for other apps, including PHP apps.)

Now I've advanced to the next error: attempting to set up the "portal page"
yields errors in edit.php (from the httpd error log):

PHP Fatal error:  Unsupported operand types in
/path/to/horde/templates/portal/edit.inc on line 15, referer:
http://127.0.0.1/horde/services/portal/edit.php

Anyone familiar with this?  Thanks!

--
Regards,
Charles Bailey  < baileych _at_ mail _dot_ med _dot_ upenn _dot_ edu >