[horde] Re: Blank page bug solved - not

Larry Honig l at hdex.com
Sat Feb 12 08:20:26 PST 2005

> If we got such different behaviours and we are both using horde ver
> 3.0.2 then it depends by other (system) software used by Horde to
> generate these files.
>
> Maybe thats why these problems are rarely reproducible.
>
> Theres no reason for me to invent things :)

No, I am not saying that! Thanks to all for help! It is very difficult to
diagnose and fix an intermittent problem!

For what it is worth, I am now using Horde 3.0.3 but I did have the problem
before (under 3.0.2) and as I said in earlier posts, it first appeared a couple
of months ago, when I was using HEAD from CVS.

I still wonder if perhaps some PEAR upgrade-all could have precipitated this. I
don't think that it is a database access timeout that causes this, since when
the blank page appears, it often appears immediately - within a third of a
second or so of causing the action which should create a new page. For what it
is worth I have experienced this from several different machines hosting Horde,
using Mandrake Linux 10.0, 10.1 and Ubuntu Warty (Debian variant) - they all
have different Apaches, MySqls, and php's (and of course kernels), so I do
think that it must be in Horde itself. What makes this maddening is that, with
the exception of the Firefox Javascript Console errors (which I posted earlier)
there are no errors recorded in the server error logs.

I know that some of the Firefox errors are rendering errors (XUL errors) - but
still - why do they only appear associated with the blank page?

My user base is very unhappy with this situation - and they are beginning to
regard the webmail app as unreliable, and as more of a problem than a help.

/Larry Honig