[horde] Re: Fwd: Re: [Tickets #1467] RESOLVED: Bypass the Welcome screen and language selector

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Mar 5 07:36:10 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 11:16 +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:

>      Datum: Sat,  5 Mar 2005 01:26:21 -0500
>        Von: mailinglists at charlessoft.com
>    Betreff: Re: [Tickets #1467] RESOLVED: Bypass the Welcome screen and
> language selector
>         An: jan at horde.org
>
> Quoting bugs at bugs.horde.org:
>
> > Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> (2005-03-01 15:57) wrote:
> >
> > Horde uses the language set in your browser, you have the option to change
> > this behaviour in config/nls.php and you can avoid the double login if you
> > read the documentation.
>
> As far as I can tell, config/nls.php seems to be part of the
> distribution. This
> is something that only the administrator would be able to change, not a
> user on
> the system.
>
> Is there a way to avoid the double login? I couldn't find anything in the
> documentation available by clicking the Help button in Horde. I tried
> downloading the docs and doing case-insensitive grep searches of the
> documentation for log in, login, log on, welcome, and language, and did not
> find anything that would explain how to do this.
>
> If it requires modifying the PHP files itself, this is not going to be
> something
> I can do as I do not have write access to the PHP files. This should be a
> user-level preference, anyway, as it seems to me to be in the same class as
> setting your startup application in "Display Options."
----
authentication is controlled by setup which is an administrator function
and not selectable by the user for obvious reasons.

if you don't have access to edit the configuration, you need to appeal
to those who do to configure it to use the IMP application to
authenticate all other horde applications and you will not have to login
twice.

In fact, the user 'options' in the various modules are all that is
available to those without complete administrator access to the php
files themselves.

Craig