[horde] setCache and weather.com problem

cyko@cykotix.com cyko at cykotix.com
Tue Jun 7 11:48:01 PDT 2005

Quoting John Sullivan <horde at basicnets.co.uk>:

> Obviously I'm a Nube ...
>
> I have installed Horde 3.0.4, Apache 2.0.54, PHP 4.3.11, MySql 4.1.11
> on FreeBSD
> 5.4 using the ports collection.  When I try to use weather.com on the
> Horde home
> page the page doesn't complete rendering.  In weatherdotcom.php, if I put
> var_dump($weather) before the line that reads:
>
>     $weatherDotCom->setCache('file', array('cache_dir' => ($cacheDir
> . '/')));
>
> I can see the values on the page.  If I put it after nothing gets displayed.
> This tells me that I have a problem with file caching (correct me if I am
> wrong).

I have the same behavior problems as John here.  I'm using Horde 3.0.4, Apache
2.0.54, PHP 5.0.4, MySQL 4.1.11 on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p5.  I have no other
issues with horde or any of its other modules working.  Below that line,
nothing will var_dump(); however, above that line you get expected
behavior. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be appreciated.  Below
are my installed
pear packages (all of which should be up-to-date).

Installed packages:
===================
Package          Version State
Archive_Tar      1.3.1   stable