[horde] FW: fetchmail

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jun 20 09:49:55 PDT 2005

Zitat von alan walters <alan at aillweecave.ie>:

> Yep I know about fetchmail. But it was the 'fetchmail' part of imp that
> I was trying to use. This is not using the original fetchmail is it.
> More the horde framework.
>
> So do we think it would be possible to run this from cron or something
> similar so a user could check additional accounts with out having to
> login.

The problem is that you don't have access to the user's passwords from
an external cron tab. But this is necessary to fetch the stored mail
into the local imap server. A solution would be to make it an
additional preference if the user wants fetchmail support in a crontab
and let him provide his password in this case.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/