[horde] cannot generate horde.conf; screen stays blank

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Fri Jul 8 11:20:22 PDT 2005

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 18:44:55 -0500
"Edwin L. Culp" <eculp at encontacto.net> wrote:

OK, I'm able to set horde up. I completed the configuration and like the manual says chose to use imap auth.

I run imap-uw with a self generated pem file. So port=993 / imap/ssl/novalidate-cert should do it.
Alas. The logon screen appears but I am NOT KNOWN. (I use this imap server in my normal login account, so it's running alright ;-)

I tried pam, passwd as alternatives but can not get these to work. I don't use .htaccess files (generate password files with dbmmanage for securing webdirectories).

This is the warning I get on the lgon screen:

Notice: (null)(): Can't connect to 192.168.11.22,993: Connection refused (errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0

Any advice / hints where to look further?
I need to be able to log on as "Horde/root" before I can proceed installing IMP and other packages.

Why is IMAP not authenticating ?

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 5.4